Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hey, look! I'm a quiet maverick!

I took one of those online personality tests just now. I'm an INTP.

The Thinker

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can. Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge. Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat. A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it. You would make an excellent mathematician, programmer, or professor.

What's Your Personality Type?

I had a much more complete version of this test done about eight years ago by a certified Bristol-Myers instructor (or is it Briggs & Stratton? I can never remember). I think it produced the same result. I remember she said I was more 'P' that anyone she'd ever tested.


INTPs generally have the following traits:

  • Love theory and abstract ideas

  • Truth Seekers - they want to understand things by analyzing underlying principles and structures

  • Value knowledge and competence above all else

  • Have very high standards for performance, which they apply to themselves

  • Independent and original, possibly eccentric

  • Work best alone, and value autonomy

  • Have no desire to lead or follow

  • Dislike mundane detail

  • Not particularly interested in the practical application of their work

  • Creative and insightful

  • Future-oriented

  • Usually brilliant and ingenius

  • Trust their own insights and opinions above others

  • Live primarily inside their own minds, and may appear to be detached and uninvolved with other people

  • Burst into tears at apparently random points in movies

  • Drive a minivan crammed with shit

  • Sleep with a cat they named after their therapist

Find out more here.



I took some other test like this once where I turned out to be in the smallest of the classifications. It accounts for something like 5% of the population.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I am ISFP
The Artist
You are a gifted artist or musician (though your talents may be dormant right now). You enjoy spending your free time in nature, and you are good with animals and children. Simply put, you enjoy bueaty in all its forms and live for the simple pleasures in life.
Gentle, sensitive, and compassionate - you are good at recognizing people's unspoken needs. You would make a good veterinarian, pediatrician, or composer.

Or something like that. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am a DGAF: Don't Give A Fuck. Allegedly, this catagory accounts for most of the population which really insults me. However, I believe I am in a subset of a subset of a subset of the DGAF catagory and therefore my angst is pure and cool and happening.

Nina said...

I am an INFJ, The Protector.

AND I have cooties.



unjwl

Anonymous said...

I took a test to see if I was a tit man, a leg man, or an ass man.

Turns out, I'm an ass man.

All my friends keep telling me:

"You're an ASS, man!"

With apologies to Rodney Dangerfield, who I stole it from. (Not sure where HE stole it.)

Anonymous said...

I didn't take the test, but I'm pretty sure I'm an LSMFT. Has something to do with Lucky Strike cigarets as I recall.

blogblah!!!

Erika Segno West said...

Ha. I love these things. I did it when I was fifteen (the 200 question version), and I was an INFP. In the last 6 years, every time I take it I'm an ENFP:

The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.
You are also unconventional, irreverant, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.
You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're qutie the storyteller!

You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.

This description makes me LOVE myself!