Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Internets say I'm depressed

After making the previous post, I decided to check one of those 'Are you depressed?' quizzes on the web. You may recall I took one last year which said I was depressed.

I Googled the phrase "Are you depressed?" and turned up several depression tests. I decided to take three of them:



New York University School of Medicine

"Your answers reflect the presence of significant depressive symptoms. It is advised to seek a psychiatric consultation."



www.psychcentral.com

"Based upon your responses to this depression quiz, you appear to be suffering from a moderate to severe depression. People who have answered similarly to you typically qualify for a diagnosis of major depression and have sought professional treatment for this disorder."



www.everydayhealth.com

"Warning! Make an appointment with your doctor.

"Based on your answers, you exhibit many of the characteristics that are common among people with depression. While this quiz does not provide a definitive diagnosis, it’s important that you see your physician for a screening. Your doctor will want to rule out any physical problems first, and then he or she may recommend that you see a psychologist or a psychiatrist. If you have thoughts of suicide, or if you’ve recently tried to take your own life, seek immediate help. Call 1-800-SUICIDE, or a local suicide helpline, and talk to a crisis counselor."



Looks like I hit the trifecta. Especially with everydayhealth.com, where I seem to have also won the bonus round. That number again: 1-800-SUICIDE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be getting better at taking these tests.

So, you got THAT going for you ...

blogblah!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, there is a wide array of pharmaceuticals that address just this problem. I finally gave in--what did I have to lose--felt like crap for more than a year. Cymbalta is working great for me--heck, since I started taking it, I've become a huge basketball fan! What a fun surprise :) I can recommend a doc if you like--no busting your chops about your past and relationship with your mother...just help, now. What do you have to lose?

mcarp said...

My blog.