Friday, July 25, 2008

The silliest ad I've seen lately

During my recent trip to Arkansas, I had some time to watch TV. I saw a commercial for the American Express® Card which amused me because it was so over-the-top goofy.

The scenario is a business power lunch. The guy hoping to close the deal pulls out his credit card to pay the tab, and the card has a comic book character or something similar on it. His prospective clients are so offended by his unofficious-looking credit card, they get up and leave the table, presumably canceling the impending deal.

Then, after the prospects have left the table, the poor schmuck's humiliated partner pulls out her credit card to pay the tab, because after all, she can't have her lunch linked to a non-professional looking credit card, either.

How often do you suppose this scenario plays itself out in real life?

No comments: