Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another update

Sleep has improved dramatically over the past five days, and I'm back to roughly the same sleep pattern I had before the surgery – which means I'm still up a lot during the night.

Chemotherapy was supposed to start today, but has been delayed until Monday because of a scheduling problem at the hospital.

I've had some confusion and false starts with oncologists. My first oncologist turned out to be out-of-network for my insurance. My surgeon found me a new one, and I'll tell you I really like the guy. He's the first MD I've seen during all this who hasn't talked as if the end of my story is a foregone conclusion.

I cracked the screen on my iPad, so I bought an iPad 3. This isn't necessarily a wise expenditure, given my current situation. But if I'm going to spend three hours a week in the chair at the infusion center, I wants something to pass the time. I've downloaded some shows from PBS to watch: episodes of NOVA, The American Experience and the John Adams miniseries. Those should keep me occupied.

1 comment:

Anthropology Essays said...

It is very nice that we don't have to lose hope when the situation gets worsts. Like me, when I lost my job, I make a living by writing some anthropology essays project.