Thursday, November 29, 2012

The results

The CT scan from Nov. 16 shows that my tumors have not shrunk further, and may have in fact grown about a millimeter. My oncologist says this is within the margin of error for a CT scan and may be indicative of nothing.

We changed my chemo treatment two sessions back because of neuropathy (numbness) in my left hand and tongue. This may be permanent or it may clear up in a few months.

The news could certainly have been better.

On the good side, my liver function and red cell count remain completely normal. My doctor reiterated that going by lab tests, it appears I have no cancer, and that I'm not getting any chemo. He even went so far as to double-check with the lab to make sure they're been giving me the right stuff. They are.

I have had sixteen chemo cycles now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Get well soon..

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better!!!

ainoa said...

he is horrible