Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Old haunts

It's been awhile since I mentioned the Well, the online community of which I have been a member since the early nineties.

I used to visit the Well every day, and most days I would visit several times. Ten years ago, when my life was in complete turmoil, I would post long, angst-ridden posts — much longer and more detailed than anything I've ever written here.

The Well and the friends I made there helped me keep it together when everything else in my life had been turned upside down.

Nowadays, I visit the Well every six weeks or so. Not much seems to change there. Some people leave and occasionally a new person comes aboard, but the conversations seem to be much the same from one visit to the next. I generally have nothing to contribute, because there's so little happening in my life these days.

It's like going back to the old neighborhood for a visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was on The Well about twelve years ago for awhile ... my favorite confs were Cooking and some of the regional travel ones. Places where it was hard to get into an argument.