Monday, July 27, 2009

It's not just the blog

I know this blog has slowed down a lot over the past several months. And it's not the only thing.

I don't get out as much as I used to. I used to go to the coffee shop every day, and be there for hours, visiting with all the folks who'd come and go. Now, I go two or three days a week, and usually stay less than an hour.

I still eat most of my meals out, but I often eat alone. If I'm with someone, it's probably my friend Kathryn or Ms. HRP, or sometimes DianeC.

The group still meets for dinner on Wednesdays and Fridays, as it did for a decade or more before I showed up. But I drop by for that about once a month now.

There are some friends I used to see daily that I now see rarely. We didn't have a falling out; it's just the natural ebb and flow of relationships.

I don't even check my email much anymore.

I spend a lot more time at home. I sleep a lot. There are a lot of routine household things I could be doing, but I really lack self-discipline for chores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister Mary is in town from SC with her friend, Robin. She was crushed not to see you Wed. nite on Paseo.

jrl