Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wednesday

So, Hui-Neng, sixth zen patriarch. Here's a Wednesday. I get up when I feel like it, take a shower, ride my bike to the Red Cup. I have some iced tea and a bagel with plum jam. I guess it's plum - no one seems to know for sure. Kurt just calls it the 'red jam.' I sit around there with the usual suspects until 11:30 or so, then bike back home.

I dink around the computer until 12:45-1 p.m., then head out in the van in search of lunch. I end up at the Subway on N. Classen. First franchise food I've eaten in more than a year, but I need a break from pizza and Asian. I read a little of the book Bohemian Amy loaned me, called Time Without Work. After that, I decide to head back home, but when I get outside, I realize it's too nice to be indoors and I head back to the Cup. I sit around with more of the usual suspects until 3:30 p.m.

At 3:30, the Red Cup closes. No more sitting around idly there. So I head to Sauced! and sit around idly there, where I encounter - you guessed it - the usual suspects. I hand off Amy's book to one of them.

At five, it's off to Galileo and the dinner group. We eat at Khazana at Mayfair, with tabla virtuoso Zakir Hussein on the stereo.

After that, it's off to B&N to pick up some books by Watts, Seung Sahn and S. Suzuki, then home.

I don't know how much longer I can keep up this pace.

Someone else's Wednesday.