Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A day at home

Except for a brief trip to the grocery store, I spent the whole day in the house. No coffee shop at all, dinner at home.

It was so gray and rainy out I didn't want to do anything. Mostly I slept. I also continued reading Outline of History, and have made it through Napoleon. I didn't realize his time in France between his first and second exiles was only 100 days – or that he divorced Josephine to marry a Habsburg trophy wife.

I did a considerable amount of house cleaning today, especially in the den.

I also totally crashed my desktop Mac while trying to resolve a software issue. I finally got it to boot back up, then crashed it again while undertaking further tweaking. As of this moment, a long, slow restore from backup is under way. It will probably take all night.

And that was my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Able was I ere I saw Elba.

Napoleon's famous palindrome.

(Just a random factoid from a trove of useless knowledge I've picked up along the way.)

blogblah