Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I'm pleased to announce I'm an Internet illiterate

I watched a video clip of the recent South Park episode in which the characters meet all the 'big stars' of Internet video. (I don't have cable, so I haven't seen South Park on TV in years.)



...and I didn't know who two-thirds of them were. I recognized Tron Guy, Numa Numa Boy, and Dramatic Gopher. And I'd seen Laughing Baby only from the "We are Clin-Ton' video John posted on blogblah!

But I had to look up Chris Crocker ("Leave them alone!"), Afro Ninja (who actually doesn't appear in the clip above, but turns up later in the episode), "Chocolate Rain" Guy, Star Wars Boy, Sneezing Panda and the "What What" guys. I guess I don't spend enough time on the Internet, because I didn't recognize any of them.

Later, after having done all this research myself, I discovered someone else had already done it, and the results are all here.

I also notice South Park had no 'Smoke on the Water' performers. I guess Matt and Trey don't spend enough time on the Internet, either.

No comments: