Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday PM

I don't have much to write about. I have the sense that I will not have much to write about for awhile. I am at a point where nothing seems particularly important or interesting.

I know that's supposed to be a sign of depression. I think in this case it's just a sign of realization.

I mowed the front yard over the weekend. I cannot say enough good things about my Black & Decker cordless electric mower. I left the thing sitting out in the back yard all winter. It was rained on and snowed on. I rolled it out Saturday and flipped the switch and it came right on. The battery was low, which was to be expected, but in every other respect it was ready to go.

I threw out a ton of old crap in my back bedroom - enough to fill the trash can that goes out to the curb. If I can do that, oh, 20 more times, that room may become habitable.

I ordered a 750 GB Seagate hard drive Friday. It should be here by the middle of the week. I almost can't imagine 750 gigabytes. I got into computing rather late and my first hard drive was 210 megabytes on a 486/33.

I also got my meditation bench in and have tried it. It does make sitting more comfortable. Now if I could just give more of a shit about meditation.

I finished my two FEMA NIMS training courses for work. I don't remember what NIMS stands for, which tells you how much I got out of the classes. National something.

Butthead the Cat is dead and in the landfill somewhere.

1 comment:

Lark said...

I'm sorry about Butthead the Cat. It was so good of you to want to save him and bring him back home. I'm sure Lena is showing him the sites right now.