Saturday, June 02, 2007

Saturday, early evening

I bought a new bike today. It's a Specialized Globe, which is a utilitarian commuter bike.

I rode it from the Red Cup to Sauced! and back. The one-way trip is about 3/4 of a mile, and it wasn't easy doing it.

A far cry from when I rode around Lake Hefner three times a week. (That was ten years ago, and even then, I had other cyclists lapping me because I was so slow.)

But after I retire, which is only about six weeks away, I intend for the bicycle to be my main form of transportation.

Re: the Friday post... that's supposed to be 'the shoe thing down at the old funeral home,' which sounds pretty odd if you don't know anything about it, I suppose. It was show/auction of hand-painted Vans at an old funeral home which is now used for nothing, so far as I know. I ended up not going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rude question for America but I do not care: How much did you put out for the bike? How many accessories (YOU BOUGHT A HELMET RIGHT???*) and how much jack for those too? Why did you buy that particular bike? Please elaborate more on the bike. If uncomfortable for any reason doing so on your blog, I'll take my answers off the air sometime at the Red Cup. I am doing emerical research on bike purchases this summer.

*Worthless fact: The number one reason, and I repeat the number one reason, a person will get kicked out of the Peace Corp is for not wearing a bike helmet. They will send you home immediately. You can start a political riot in Mozambique, get HIV and spread it around among your fellow PC volunteers, sit on your ass your entire tenure but ALWAYS wear your bike helmet while in the Peace Corp. There is some meaning in there somewhere I have to believe.