Sunday, November 15, 2009

Year Five

This blog begins its fifth year in a couple of weeks. I will have forgotten about the anniversary by then, so I'll say something about it now.

I obviously am not as 'productive' at blogging as I once was. I have to less to say than I used to, and I suppose if I ever reach a state of ultimate enlightenment I'll quit blogging altogether. I feel as though the further along I go, the less important it seems to for me to say anything. And the things I see around me are less important.

I posted some drawings here a few years back, and the art of the barfing cats was by far the most popular thing I ever did. That was the year I won an OkieBlog award. But I don't draw much anymore. That's another thing that doesn't seem especially interesting or important now.

My passion for politics has waned. My concern about the issues facing my community has all but vanished. The stuff just doesn't affect me, except to the extent I have to pay taxes for some of it. Developments on the national level disturb me, but I don't know what I can do about it. I vote and I give money to candidates who I think will support my positions, but my current thinking is that Wall Street runs the show, and I'm wasting my energy trying to change that.


I have a Facebook account, and it turned into a huge time sink for awhile. If you saw my wall, you'd see lots of pictures of me with my feet propped up, a fire going in the fireplace, and maybe the dog or a cat hanging around nearby. That is how I spend most of my days now, and I'd be out there right this minute except that it's been raining.

No comments: