Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Halfway Point

I'm at the halfway point in chemotherapy – six sessions. My tumors have shrunk, but not by half. My oncologist tells me the shrinking often accelerates later in the chemo.

I usually go in for treatment every other week, but I took two weeks off this time because I needed to see another doctor to sort out some insurance issues.

I really enjoyed having an extra chemo-free week. Drank a lot of milk shakes, ate a lot of ice cream. Sensitivity to cold returns Monday, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Fatigue is still a problem. I wore myself out Wednesday carrying a medium-sized bag of dog food into the house, and had to lie down and rest. I can't even think about picking up the big food bags anymore.

This may all return to normal when I'm done with the chemo, which I guess will be in September.

Still, it's kind of nice to have a legitimate medical reason for being a slacker.

1 comment:

kgfreeperson said...

Sending lotsa beams, Mike!