Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A couple of random notes

Big Rock

My big rock arrived today. (I have pictures, but I'm too lazy to fetch them off the camera.) It's a 3,000 pound boulder that I bought (for less than you might think) to use as a bench in the backyard. But once the delivery guy got into place with the forklift, I wasn't all that happy with it. I may move it to another spot in the yard. That will mean calling the forklift guy back, but I don't think I'm going to be satisfied with it where it is. A consultation with Ms. Landscape Person is in order.

Big Helmet

After years of riding with too-small bike helmets jammed onto my head, I finally found helmets that fit me: the Bell Triton and the Giro Atlas. I wear a size eight hat - 64 centimeters in circumference. ("You always did have a funny-shaped head," my dear stepmother told me on my most recent visit, "but I wusn't gonna say nuthin'.") The Triton can be adjusted up to 66cm and the Atlas to only 63. But both feel almost exactly the same to me.

No comments: