Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sycamores

I have picked up some sycamore tree seed balls, or whatever they're called, and planted them in pots. I hope to get a couple of seedlings from them. A neighborhood about a half-mile west of me has maybe two dozen sycamores lining several streets, and they add a lot to its character.



There are only a few small trees on my block. I hope I can get two seedlings to plant along the street.

There's a lot of development going on in my town these days, but I don't think the skyscraper has been designed that can match the beauty of a tree.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I lived at a house with a very large sycamore in the back yard. They are the "dirtiest" trees you can imagine. The leaves are too big to deal with, the bark sheds, there are those seed balls and they have lots and lots of sticks that fall off as well. Be careful what you ask for, MCARP.

blogblah

mcarp said...

But I want a shady front yard. I want shade everywhere.