Sunday, November 30, 2008

Have yourself a merry LED Christmas...

I bought a bunch of those LED Christmas lights the other day, but I haven't put them up yet. Some of my neighbors have them, though.

The good news is that you can string twenty or more sets together on a single outlet. At least, I guess that's good news. The bad news, at least from my point of view, is that the lights have a lot of blue in them so that they create a kind of cold, 'ice palace' look.

If you're here in town, go to Wilshire Boulevard and drive east from Penn toward Western (this is Nichols Hills). The Kuykendall chateau and a nearby home are done up in old-fashioned incandescent lights, which have a warm yellow cast with a bit of orange in them. Then the next homes down the street have the LED lights. The difference is striking, at least to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought LED lights to replace my halogen MR16 bulbs the other day from a website called Eaglelight.com that I would recommend enthusiastically.. They had good service (good phone and email support), excellent FAQs so I knew what I needed, very competitive prices, and their shipping was fast and the LEDs were just as advertised. www.Eaglelight.com. A pleasure to deal with!