Thursday, January 21, 2010

Have you ever seen me with an umbrella?

Probably not, because I rarely carry one. I figure I might as well get wet as fumble around with an umbrella. It's just water, after all.

But I found four umbrellas while cleaning stuff out of the living room – one behind the sofa and two more propped up against a floor lamp. I don't remember where the fourth one was – under the desk, maybe.

But these represent four different instances where I was shopping for something else, saw an umbrella, and thought to myself, "Do I have an umbrella? Do I know where it is? Well, I'll just grab this one since it's here."

So, I'd buy the umbrella, bring it home, and it would soon disappear under or behind furniture or other crap I brought home on impulse.

And now all four of them have turned up. Or maybe there are more I haven't found yet.

Also found this afternoon: three sets of Airport Express stereo connection kits. These have the special cable needed to connect an Airport Express to the digital input on a stereo receiver.

They were under the sofa. I knew I had one of them; the other two were a complete surprise to me.

No comments: