Monday, January 04, 2010

The holidays come and go

Well, here we are starting a new year. The new century doesn't feel new, anymore – we are well into the 21st century and it's old hat now. A child born in 2001 would be in the third grade now, right?

New Year's, and Christmas (and my recent birthday) all went by uneventfully. The holidays were just ordinary days of the week for me, which is how I prefer them. There is still a lot of snow on the ground from the Christmas Eve blizzard, and I haven't felt much like getting out and struggling with it. Temperatures are supposed to be even colder this week,  so I expect I'll be housebound at least a few more days.

I played host to Nurse K's dog, Frank, for a couple of days. He has a reputation for being cranky, but he was the perfect guest while he was here. Bailey and he get along fine. The cats ignored him and he ignored the cats. He's an old dog – ten or twelve, by the looks of him – and he's not much into romping around or creating havoc like Bailey is.

I finally met the author of the late, lamented 'Flibbertigibbet!' blog last week. Remind me to post more about that later.

No comments: