Sunday, January 10, 2010

A night at the pub

The blogger formerly known as Flibbertigibbet! and I visited a place called Sean Cummings Restaurant & Pub, outside the bubble north of May and Britton Road.

This is one of Flib's regular hangouts, and I can see why. I've never been in a real Irish pub, so I have no idea how authentic it is, but I would tell you that once inside and settled in a booth, I felt like I could have been somewhere thousands of miles from here.

This is a tiny place - I would guess that it seats 80 customers at the maximum - but the smallness is part of the appeal. It's very cozy and dark.

We listened to a pair of musicians performing Irish and Scottish folk music, and I had fish and chips as good as I've ever eaten.




I don't like getting out of the bubble, of course, but this was worth the trip. I'm astonished that I didn't even know this place existed.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Such a fun night! Thanks for joining me outside your bubble.

I would live at Sean's if I could.




phydrisl

Unknown said...

It warms the cockles of my heart to see two of my friends get together for a social evening (despite the fact that I'm not sure exactly what a cockle may be).

OTOH, I'm pissed I wasn't invited. Where the hell is Sean's? Who the hell is Sean? Why, in God's name, would anyone like Celtic music? So many questions ...

blogblah