Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dream

I went to bed and had a dream... I don't remember all the details, except that in the dream, I was in bed just as I actually was, except that there was a woman in bed beside me (this is how I knew it was a dream).

The woman was someone I know, but not someone any of you would know.

In the dream, I know I'm dreaming, and I'm trying to wake up, but I can't.

"Wake... me... up," I say to her, and I'm saying this out loud in my sleep, and even realize I'm saying it out loud.

"Wake... me... up. Please... wake... me... up."

Now I'm starting to get frustrated, because, dammit, I know I'm right on the verge of waking up, and I seem to be stuck there.

"I... need you... to... wake... me... up."

This went on for 15 or 20 seconds, I guess. Finally one of the cats came up from the foot of the bed and woke me up.

This is the second dream in a week where I've been right on the brink of waking up and talking out loud in my sleep.

Pretty trippy.

No comments: