Sunday, January 09, 2011

Missing a Night's Sleep

I didn't go to bed Thursday night. I had slept until about 11 that morning. When 10 pm rolled around, I didn't feel tired or sleepy, so I just didn't go to bed. And I just kept on going until about 8 pm Friday. I was sitting at my computer reading blogs and Facebook, and realized that I hadn't eaten anything all day.

I decide to go to the Taco Bueno near my house and get tacos. I almost fell over when I stood up, and almost fell again going down the front steps. But I made it to the car, made it to Taco Bueno and home again.

My hands began shaking — so badly that I actually shook the first taco to pieces. But I got it and three more down, did some more Facebook, and finally went to bed about 9:30 pm Friday when I could no longer get my eyes to focus.

I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat, and have been experiencing cold-like symptoms all day. I was a little groggy this morning, but other than that I seem to have suffered no ill effects from missing a night's sleep.

No comments: