Thursday, February 02, 2012

Yesterday's events, and tomorrow's

Yesterday I went in for the needle biopsy on my liver. I was in the hospital most of the day, and was finally released about 4 pm.

I have a meeting with my doctor tomorrow to discuss the next step.

I was with my father 10 years ago when he had this meeting regarding his pancreatic cancer. In that case, the doctor told him that his situation was simply hopeless, and that he should go home and put his affairs in order.

That has been weighing very much on my mind the past 48 hours. Of course, my cancer is different, and my overall health is much better than his was.

4 comments:

patrizia said...

Mike, have you read Liz Churchill's blog about her experience with Stage IV non-Hodgkin's? She was "busy" and then "leroy" on the Well.

http://spinningtumor.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

I'm aware that anything I could possibly say is glib in this context. But what Liz has to say is not glib.

Thinking of you...

sweeney said...

Thinking of you today, Mike.

Anonymous said...

Alarming parallel, but: you are not your dad. Also I think you would have a lot more time than your dad did even if the prognosis is bad. Natural to be apprehensive here, of course, waiting for this kind of news is not easy.

Remember to breathe.



Lark

Minovermary said...

This is why I hate doctors. Incurable? Nothing is incurable and to say that to someone is unforgivable. Don't listen to them.

Do what needs to be done then take control of the recovery and lifespan. Don't put an end date on your life, MCARP. No one can predict that.

Love you.
Mindovermary