Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hardball addendum

There is also a 'call to action' encouraging progressive Americans to demand an apology from Chris Matthews and/or MSNBC and/or NBC for Matthews' remarks that we have 'advised' bin Laden on how to conduct the propaganda angle of his operations.

Personally, I think an apology is pointless:


Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v746.2)
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=US-ASCII;
delsp=yes;
format=flowed
To: steve.capus@nbc.com
From: Michael Carpenter
Subject: Chris Matthews
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:46:46 -0600

I can't actually say I've heard Chris Matthews spinning this 'bin Laden gets his talking points from Michael Moore' line. I quit watching MSNBC after you put that crackpot Michael Savage on the air, then professed shock and surprise that he would say exactly the kind of thing he's been getting paid to say for years.

No, I don't want an apology. It would be pretty much like a whore apologizing for a bad blow job.

And I would never see it, because I've quit watching.

Michael Carpenter
Oklahoma City, OK



If we are not already a fascist state, we are a hair's breadth away. And guys like Matthews are mainly concerned about staying on the cocktail party invitation list.

No comments: