Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'll tell ya something else...

...myspace is about as slow as America Online back in the day. I don't know when the last time was that I had to wait and wait and wait for a page to load.

And when it does load... well, I can't figure out what the ^%$& is going on. It's a mess – just my opinion, of course. Too many ads, stuff placed where you don't expect to find it, impossible to figure out what you're supposed to do.

The best thing they can do right now is get a usability expert in there to straighten out the interface.

I have been a member of The WELL for almost ten years. I think I'm paying ten bucks a month for it. No ads, no smileys, no three-word posts in all lower case.

Okay, there are a few three-word posts in all lower case.

The Well began in 1985 as an offshoot of The Whole Earth Catalog, and is still leaps and bounds ahead of everything that's come since.

Just saying.

No comments: