Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fast, fat food

For the past three or four days I've been really stuffing myself, although I certainly wasn't malnourished before that. I've had the sensation of getting some sort of boost from all the calories I've consumed. But I can't do this forever, and I really need to quit right now.

I was gaining weight even with what I was eating before. ('You live to eat,' says Ms. Landscape Person, and Soartstar calls me a 'very focused eater.') Now it's time to cut off the load of fried fish and Wendy's chili I've been consuming and get back to some more sensible eating habits.

It's true I enjoy eating, and it's one of the few regular experiences I do enjoy. I don't watch TV, except for an occasional YouTube clip I find on a blog. I haven't been to a movie in months, and I don't enjoy concerts or sporting events. So, if I'm not reading or hanging out with friends, I'm eating. Maybe I would eat less if I had other activities in my life, but nothing else interests me these days. And to tell the truth, that's been the case just about my whole life.

No comments: