Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home improvement update

I'm taking these pix with my cell phone camera, which isn't very reliable under anything but direct sunlight. In any event, here are some pix...


Here's the new deck... roughly twice the area of the previous one. We had originally planned to add an extension to the previous deck, but we discovered the existing deck was sagging and that much of the wood had begun to rot. The builder saved one joist, but everything else was replaced.





We asked the builder to work around this young tree, which I wanted to save. In two more years it will shade most of the deck. In five years the hole will probably have to be enlarged.





This cat follows the landscaper and me around the yard, but won't let us touch him. I named him Grey Poupon.





I found this bell in an antique store and hung it by the backyard gate so folks can announce their arrival.



Up next: the new fence.

No comments: