Saturday, September 18, 2010

Guess it was the allergy medicine

I skipped my evening dose of Zyrtec last night and felt like a new person today.

Zyrtec is the best thing I've ever taken for allergies. Typically in September, I'm sneezing and coughing all day, every day. Some days, my eyes are swollen almost shut. Zyrtec gave me more relief from the symptoms than anything I've ever used. I've gone through my allergy season this September with almost no symptoms at all.

The down side is that I've been sleeping sometimes 20 hours a day, and when I've been awake, it's been like looking at the world through two inches of glass. I suppose that could be just coincidence, but today was the first 'normal' day I've had in weeks – months, maybe.

The question now is whether I'll have a return of allergy symptoms. If I do, I guess I'll go back to taking Zyrtec on a limited basis. But I'm pretty sure I won't be taking it every day again.

It feels good to be back in what passes for reality.

2 comments:

star said...

Welcome back. If it's the allergy medicine, could you perhaps find a second best that didn't take you away?

mcarp said...

Claritin would be second, but it's a distant second.

I can't overstate how well Zyrtec worked for me, except for the zombification problem.