Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Pleasant Walk

I'm feeling a lot better tonight than I have for most of the summer.

I ate a late lunch with a friend at an Italian restaurant downtown. This restaurant is only about five minutes from my house, but I tend to think of it as outside my 'bubble.' I haven't eaten there in four years or more.

After we ate, I took my friend on a walking tour of downtown. She was planning to see an event in the Kerr Auditorium later in the evening, but she didn't know where it was, so I walked her over there. I suspect most people don't even know we have a Kerr Auditorium; it's part of the old Kerr-McGee complex now owned by Sandridge Energy. I don't think I've been in it since the eighties.

We spent about thirty minutes walking around downtown, and afterward, I felt as close to normal as I've felt in weeks. I guess I really needed to spend some time outdoors.

1 comment:

star said...

That walk out and about was likely better for your spirits than the recommended 30 on the treadmill, but probably just as effective in helping you sleep.

Thanks to your posts I've roused myself to swim laps twice this week. Double thanks; I'm actually up before 10am this morning.