Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Sleep/no sleep

I went to bed about 11 last night, which I thought was a reasonable hour. I was awake again by about 2:30 this morning. I don't know what time I got back to sleep — sometime after 3:29 am, obviously.

I woke up again about 6:45 am. I thought it was too early to get up, so I went back to sleep, thinking I'd be awake again in an hour. Instead, I woke up about noon, too groggy to even think. I went back to sleep, and awakened again at 3:45 pm, feeling rested for the first time.

Now, it's 8:45 pm, and I feel like I could go back to sleep right now.

Needless to say, I'm failing in my effort to get back on a regular sleep cycle. I wonder if this could be caused by something other than depression.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its well knowen that with the age...lol... people do need less sleep.
and people who do not have to get up in the morning to fit in this modern times of morning workaholics can make their sleeping/awake time whenever they want! be free, be you and sleep when ever you want! no bosses arre pushing you to get up...enjoy!!!

sonja

Anonymous said...

Do you get any exercise? Last time I had trouble sleeping I found that adding 20 minutes of working out (usually just walking on the treadmill at 3.3 mph, not that fast) made a huge difference. And the time before that, it turned out all the insomnia was caused by caffeine. Stopping coffee earlier in the day took care of it.

Lark