Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hey

When I started this, I thought I would be making a lot weird, surreal but profound posts in the wee hours of the morning.

Instead, I'm logging in early in the evening to describe what I eat. And I'm behind on that again. Sorry.

But I haven't had much to write about, and when I do have something, it is usually job-related, which means I'm not going to discuss it, or it's something that might embarass another person.

In a previous career, I let my job take over my life. I tend to think of that period as a previous life, rather than a job. I have learned in large part not to think about work when I'm not at work. I don't read my office email at home anymore. I don't check the website from home. I went through the holidays without thinking about my job more than maybe twice.

I picked up another book Monday evening. It's called Thoughts Without a Thinker by Mark Epstein, MD, and it looks promising. I'm also still working on the book about the Great Fire of London.

No comments: