Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunday aftermath

It is now the next day, and I am pleased to report that I had no sinus aftereffects from the wine at all.

I have alluded in previous posts to how boring my life is. My life is boring, but maybe some perspective is in order.

Boring is a relative term. I call it boring because I realize most other people consider it boring. But it's this way in large part because I chose to make it this way. I grew up in a home where there was a lot of drama, a lot of soap opera-style plot development. When I had the chance to chart my own course, and eventually an understanding of how to chart it, I steered away from drama.

I have no moral vantage point from which to tell other people how to behave. I have no special life skills to share. I'm as screwed up as anyone out there. But I chose a path for myself that I thought was best for me. I don't look forward to some of the consequences of that path, but all in all, I still think I did the right thing.

No comments: