Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday

Okay... after a busy three-day weekend, I have a shitload of solitary brooding to catch up on, so let's get started.

Item: A shopowner friend of mine describes the rather rude and cavalier treatment she received from her new landlord, who seems to be planning the purchase and trendy-stripmall-ization of about five miles of one major Oklahoma City street. Eventually, I predict, this will be a long avenue of Starbucks, Chico, Williams Sonoma, Tommy Bahama, Restoration Hardware, The Loft, whatever, you name it. The most downscale thing there will be the Supersonics Souvenir Shop. Otherwise, all quite upscale. Quite affluent. All the best people will shop there –– you simply won't be anybody unless you're seen there. I will drive out of my way to avoid it.

Item: The house smells like cat pee. The source of this, I suspect, is cat pee. Go out and leave cats alone for 72 hours, they're probably gonna pee.

Item: It's cool enough to go out and finish mowing the yard. So I have to come up with a different excuse, even if it's only to rationalize it to myself. The sage acts without effort.

Item: My five-year anniversary on my current job occurs next week. Who woulda thought? I kept one job for 17 years, but I think five is a long time to stay on a job, especially if it's creative.

Item: The great thing about cat pee, if cat pee may be said to have a great thing, is that you get used to it very quickly. Only keep original mind.

No comments: