Saturday, March 10, 2007

BUT... since I've already started judging and evaluating...

... maybe it's worth noting that I'm not attracted to the person, whom I don't know at all.

I'm attracted to the look, which is to say a certain pattern of light reflected off an object as it reaches my corneas and is interpreted by my brain.

And then I form an opinion. A judgement. An evaluation. An attachment.

And not an attachment to the person. An attachment to the neurotransmissions and whatever internal chemical response they create.

But that's how it always starts, isn't it? Light reflects off an object, reaches your corneas and is interpreted by your brain, and then presto! – the next thing you know you've tried on seven separate occasions to be in the same place so you can strike up a conversation (but you're pretty sure it's not stalking), or you've leased it from the dealership for 60% of your monthly takehome pay, or you've bought it and stuck it in a closet that's already jammed to overflowing with others only marginally different from it.

And you're ass-deep in debt, heart-deep in drama. And all you really wanted was the neurotransmissions.

And then a certain pattern of light reflected off an object reaches your corneas and is interpreted by your brain...

1 comment:

RJ said...

oooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
oooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ooooshitttttttttttttttttttt