Thursday, March 08, 2007

Get me to the Airport, and step on it.

I used a Linksys WRT54G router for about two years and was very happy with it. I don't know what fried it, but something did. So I bought another. This was one of the newer ones with the later, non-open source OS and skimpy memory.

It never actually quit, but it started acting flaky after about six months. I replaced it with a D-Link which bloated and died within a matter of weeks. That was replaced with another WRT54G, which is now about six months old... and has begun acting flaky.

The WRT54G is the Toyota Camry of routers, but I want something even more reliable. I'm worn out with this routine of reboot, reset, turn on and off, rinse and repeat for two hours until I get a functioning PPPoE connection.

Tomorrow, I'm off to PROMac to get an an Apple Airport router.

No comments: