Saturday, March 10, 2007

An observation

There is a meditation practice that consists of observing one's thoughts as they naturally occur and then, without judgement or evaluation, letting them pass on. I've tried this a few times, with varying degrees of success.

Think of what I'm about to write as a form of that meditation.

I saw a woman the other day who was wearing baggy overalls, no makeup, and who had obviously been painting something because her hands were caked with white paint. And there was something about that look that struck me as very appealing.

I guess it was the paint that did it, because it suggested creativity to me, even though it was probably just wall paint.

Remember what I wrote about 'I Dream of Jeannie'? That still holds. I can certainly have the appropriate conditioned response to a glamorous blonde dressed like a harem girl.

But if I had to pick things that really strike me as attractive, the mildly dishevelled 'don't give a shit' look is one of them. And god knows how the white paint factors into it. I wonder if I would've had the same response if it had been blue or green paint.

But see? Now I'm judging and evaluating.

No comments: