Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I've heard enough.

A couple of days ago, I was having lunch in a restaurant and a couple of tables over, four IT guys were (somewhat loudly) discussing bundling VoIP telephony with web hosting services.

That's the kind of stuff I dealt with in Texas every day, and peripherally in the job from which I retired last week.

And as I listened to the guys in the restaurant talk, I realized I just don't want to hear any more about it. I don't want to hear any more about Web 2.0, or IPv6 conversion, or Ubuntu Linux on the enterprise desktop or any of the rest of that stuff. I've heard enough. Someone else can leverage robust infrastructure assets from now on.

I watched someone (Amanda Joy, actually) drawing sunflowers in a sketchbook the other day. That was more interesting than about 70% of what I've been doing professionally the past thirty years or so.



I'm going back to bed.

No comments: