Sunday, August 19, 2007

Monday morning

I sat on the Paseo Sunday afternoon, had three glasses of wine, and got pretty buzzed. It occurred to me as I sat there that there's nothing to stop me now from doing that every day for the rest of my life.

When I drink, I don't know when to stop doing a lot of other things. I try too hard to be funny and witty, for one thing, and end up just being obnoxious. Or some woman lightheartedly flirts with me and I take it seriously because I'm too fried to know the difference.

There's been alcoholism in my family, and statistically I'm at high risk. It's been a combination of a lot of luck and a certain amount of self-control that has kept me from becoming one before now.

Tedium may soon become my worst enemy.

But I sobered up, drank a lot of water and went to bed early - before dark.

3 comments:

NonSense Sonja said...

hey sweety,
you was fine. you have not done anything wrong.
you was an little bit funny, but, no overfunny, not stupid funny, not baby funny...

you just was an man who was buzzed an little bit and that sometimes is pretty much ok, i think.


only i was thinking after that we probably should have drived you home. i´m sorry we have not, why there could have been happend something.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed that, I heard you were pretty damn cute and should drink more often. Next time I'm with you, you have to drink!

RJ said...

Mike when I said I had started having a drink every night..I did not mean you had to join me! However, that may not be a bad thing! Cheers!