Saturday, August 18, 2007

More spiritual stuff

dzaster thinks I should post more spiritual stuff, but I've run out of stuff to say. In fact, I think I ran out some time back and just kept going on fumes.

I have a fairly secure future. I could be hit by a bus or have some horrendous disease, but other than that I know pretty well what my future holds. Or at least I don't have to worry about being out on the street and living under an overpass.

In some ways, I already am Cold Mountain. Sort of an urban Cold Mountain, you could say. I'm the last leaf on my branch of the family tree, so I have no children or aging parents about whom to worry. There are no interpersonal relationships which economics or expedience require me to maintain. I can get up and walk away from everything and everyone at any time.

I think it's probably easier to be sanguine about nonattachment and your original face before you were born and so on when you don't have to worry about feeding yourself or paying your bills or caring for loved ones. If I were a twentysomething single mom working in a convenience store, I'd probably feel differently about it.

I'm thinking to I need to say less about this stuff rather than more. There are a wealth of other resources both in print and on the web, most of which were produced by folks more knowledgeable than me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! YOU'RE RIGHT AND I'M RIGHT. YOU'RE RIGHT THERE ARE MORE THINGS TO TALK ABOUT LIKE.....MUSKRAT LOVE. I WAS 100% RIGHT WHEN I SAID "AMERICA" SANG IT FIRST. HA!

Album: Hat Trick
Artist: America
Genre: Rock/Pop

America's Hat Trick has the distinction of being the album that contained the first song that the band sang that wasn't theirs. Written by Willis Ramsey, the syrupy "Muskrat Love" only went as high as number 67 on the singles chart for America, but the Captain & Tennille managed to take it all the way to number four only three years later. The rest of Hat Trick failed to garner any hits and is a slight disappointment after the success of their self-titled debut in 1972, which harbored the band's first number one hit in "A Horse With No Name," and after Homecoming, their satisfying follow-up. Hat Trick peaked at number 28 on the album charts, faltering mainly because the songs lacked the cordial folk-rock melodies and mindful songwriting that prevailed on the earlier releases. "She's Gonna Let You Down" and "Rainbow Song" are the album's best cuts, but banal offerings such as "Green Monkey," "Willow Tree Lullaby," and "Molten Love" have Bunnell and Peek straying off course, sounding stale and musically feeble. The unsuccessful repercussions that evolved from Hat Trick both commercially and otherwise were not overlooked by the band, and they rebounded with 1974's Holiday, an album which yielded hits in "Tin Man" and "Lonely People," which both made Billboard's Top Five. ~ Mike DeGagne, All Music Guide [-] Collapse

NonSense Sonja said...

holy shitt. who in the world would be able to say every single day, 7 days a week 365 days a year just spiritual importand stuff?
the biggest nowenst thinker in the world would not be able doing that.

wich desaster is so smart that he could do that?
nah, i have no such an megasuperhyper smart person met at the red cup, nor at sauced or at galileo.
if there is somebody who can do so, please let me know, i have to meet that worldbest thinker.

i love this mix, dont change it ever. i enjoy reading all that.
desasters should make it better if they can...