Monday, September 10, 2007

Things to maybe do

I don't have a 'to-do' list to speak of. I need to pay some bills this week and do some laundry. That's about it.

Long term, I need to have some dental work done, preferably before year's end.

I've been thinking – very tentatively – about undertaking the relationship search again. But it's on my list of things that maybe I ought to think about doing:

· Should I wear sunscreen?
· Is it close enough to fall to trim back the wisteria and crape myrtles?
· Should I look for a relationship?
· Should I find my good winter gloves now so I'll have them when it turns really cold?

That's kind of where the relationship thing is. I don't know what a relationship would be like in my present state of mind. Not very dramatic, that's for sure. More intellectual than physical, probably. Neither being nor not being and all.

You know what I like to do? Sit around the Red Cup and talk about Chuang-Tzu and Alan Watts. Know what else I like to do? Sit around Sauced! and talk about Chuang-Tzu and Alan Watts.

And that's about it. You know how many women I know who like that? None.

I've reached a point where the level of crazy shit in my life is barely a murmur. The crazy shit meter isn't even twitching. Why would I want to risk screwing that up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you are going to seek a relationship you had better start practicing "your look". You know, that loving gaze you give someone when you are infatuated that strongly resembles a dying calf in a mudhole.

By the way, I like nothing better than to sit around and discuss The Way or Watts. Who the hell are you doing that with at The Red Cup? Everytime I have tried to talk about anything even close the subject is changed to something lighter. Do tell - Who are these intellectuals you speak of?

Anonymous said...

Don't do it, MCARP. Why bring the craxy shit in and screw up a good thing?

Besides, what's the point of a relationship without sex? That's the only good part of being in a relationship, the rest is just drama. And anyway, I'm not there for you to have the relationship with so it's pointless.

Love you, honey.

Mindoverymary

RJ said...

supposed to plant crape myrtle this month, but OSU OKC says NO pruning and they said it pretty loudly on their latest newsletter.