Sunday, March 09, 2008

Dreamland

"You seem to be drifting off into dreamland," a friend told me this afternoon.

"You mean right now," I replied, "or in general?"

"In general," she said.

I think that's true, after a manner of speaking. I've noticed it myself, beginning first when I retired, then at a more accelerated pace over the past six to eight weeks.

Maybe it's just a temporary thing, but as I've said before, I feel like I've turned the corner on some things – old attachments, mostly – and that I'm headed into some new direction.

There's nothing especially interesting or exciting about it. It's just like going down Classen Boulevard and turning on NW 36. It's a change in direction, but there's nothing that makes 36th more interesting or special than Classen. It's just... a change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oklahoma City Unsolved Mysteries

Do you remember the pink rabbit that used to stand on the corner of 36th and Classen? Always only on 36th and Classen. (One of the first of its kind....long before Little Cesar's or that giant Statue of Liberty you see now for the tax preparer people.) The one that advertized for the florist shop? Then the poor thing got SHOT! One day you see this dancing, neon pink, human sized bunny waving and waving on 36th and Classen and then, boom, gone. Forever. I have always wondered if that guy died in that pink bunny suit or if he was just wounded.

mcarp said...

I don't remember that. Maybe it was when I was living out of town.

RJ said...

He was hurt not killed.....