Monday, April 06, 2009

The 'real' bed

I slept in my 'real' bed overnight (as opposed to the futon in the dining room) for the first time in two or three years. Bailey slept with me, and even Rollo came and got on the bed. Now there's plenty of room for both of them.

The bedroom is in better shape than it's ever been: newly-refinished floor, retextured and repainted walls and ceiling, all provided by Ms. HRP.

There's no furniture in the room except the bed and a small table, and I think I want to keep it that way. I have plenty of art to hang on the walls, but I think I prefer them blank. It's pleasant having a room with almost no visual clutter or stimulus. It's almost like being in a hotel.

Now that I think about it, I realize what I liked about hotel rooms was the absence of clutter.

1 comment:

Lark said...

Most of my house is cluttered but I am vigilant about keeping the bedroom clear of it. I sleep much better that way.