Sunday, October 22, 2006

An evening alone

I finally got to Borders tonight, which I had been putting off for several days. There was a time not all that long ago when I would visit Borders or B&N once or twice a week. Now weeks go by between visits.

I also ate dinner alone at Chili's tonight. That's the first time I've eaten dinner in a restaurant by myself in I don't know how long (not including the Red Cup, where even if I'm there alone, it's like being with family). Again, it wasn't all that long ago that I always ate alone.

I have not eaten fast food, with the exception of two McD's sausage biscuits, since before I got sick. It wasn't all that long ago I was at KFC twice or three times a week, and Taco Bueno on the days I wasn't eating chicken.

Lately, I haven't spent a lot of Sunday nights alone. It feels lonely tonight being by myself.

Bought Red Pine's translations of the Diamond Sutra and the Heart Sutra at Borders. Looked for some new music but saw nothing that appealed to me.

iTunes: Rag Jog, from The Indian Bamboo Flute compilation.

Plus there's some Craig's sandalwood incense smoking.

No comments: