Saturday, October 07, 2006

A pretty good day

I have been gradually, day by day, getting my energy back. I finally faded about 6 pm today after being up since about 5:30 am (I didn't go back to bed after writing the 'hooked on Foleygate' post), but that's the longest I've been up and about in days and days. It was just a couple of weeks ago that I was able to go for about two - three hours at a stretch, then needed to sleep for two or three hours.

The doctors told me a way to know if I still had internal bleeding from the ulcers, and apparently I still do. But the fact I'm up and walking around indicates I'm not as anemic as I was. It will take a while for the ulcers to heal enough that the bleeding stops altogether, and then a while longer for my body to replace the lost blood.

But I feel much, much better. Of course, I'd normally be at the Red Cup at this hour, but I don't have the energy for that; I'm at home alone, just resting.

But barring some unforeseen change in my well-being, I plan to go back to work Monday.

No comments: