Sunday, October 01, 2006

Getting ready

I go in to the hospital for more work tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm told a blood transfusion and a colonoscopy are on the agenda.

I wasn't given any instructions or laxatives for the colonoscopy. I don't know if they intend to do that tomorrow or Tuesday.

This is the first time I've been a patient in a hospital since I was eight.

I feel fine now, with the H2 blocker allowing me to get a decent night's sleep. Still tired, but that's the most I can say.

I'm trying to keep right mindfulness and attitude about this. It's a great opportunity to focus on original mind. I don't actually know anything, but of course my imagination keeps running forward to all kinds of scenarios, most of them unpleasant.

But I still don't know anything.

But assuming the worst... well, no. Let's not assume anything. That's the point. I don't know, and there's no point in projecting all my anxieties, fears, hangups, emotional baggage, etc. onto a situation where I don't know anything.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wishing you health.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, Mike.

Autumn (from the Well)

Lark said...

It's easy to get scared. A couple of years ago they saw something they didn't like on a mammogram and in the 10 minutes it took to walk me down the hall and get an ultrasound I wrote my will, planned the funeral, and considered how to tell my family and friends and coworkers! And then on the ultrasound I got the all clear. All that worry for nothing.

You have had more than 10 minutes to worry, but I trust it will all be okay when the tests are done.

Anonymous said...

Can you blog while you are getting a blood transfusion? That might insure you winning "Best Unusual Blog for 2007". Especially good if you can blog during the cholonoscopy.

Good luck.

--dzaster

Nina said...

You will be in my thoughts.

wild walla walla wine woman said...

All is going to go well Mikey. Just like Celia said, it is easy to be scared especially of the unknown. But in any event,I will be thinking of you today. The good side of all of this --- you will be on some mighty fine drugs.

slfisher said...

so this is where you've been hiding yourself! I'd wondered where you'd gotten off to.

best of luck to you.

slf

Julia said...

More well wishes from here Mikey--we're all sending lotsa beams for youl

Anonymous said...

I'll buy you a beer when you're done with this adventure...