Monday, December 22, 2008

An appreciation of going to bed

I like going to bed - I mean the actual process of going to bed. I like taking a load off my feet and legs. I like the way it feels when I stretch out. Doing that stretches muscles in my legs and back that don't stretch when I'm standing or walking. I like pulling the fuzzy red blanket over me.

I like knowing it's the end of my day, and I'm slowing down the pace after my hectic day of hanging out at the coffee shop and eating lunch. (I also had to buy bird seed and firewood today, so I was even busier than usual.)

So now I'm in bed with my iPhone, and the light from the bedside lamp which will soon be extinguished. Somebody's lute sonata is playing softly on iTunes. I may listen to Alan Watts for awhile, or I may just go to sleep.

No comments: