Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Use the force, Lute

I've developed an interest in baroque/renaissance lute music: Weiss, Kapsberger, Dowland and others. There's a musician named Paul O'Dette who has recorded hundreds of these pieces.

Here he is performing on baroque guitar in 2006.



(The speakers on this computer are screwed up right now, so I can't actually hear this. I'm hoping that even though it's guitar and not lute, it's still representative of what I've been listening to.)

Here's another musician: Robert Barto, who has recorded several albums of works by Silvius Leopold Weiss.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to high school with a concert pianist who leads a local group called "Go for Baroque". I have one of her CDs around here somewhere if you think you'd like to listen. She plays the harpsichord on the CD.

blogblah