Thursday, April 06, 2006

Come down off the ceiling, sweetie

Not overnight, but the night before (ie, the wee hours of Wednesday morning) I had a dream in which I awakened, looked up, and saw my white cat Smudge hanging from the ceiling from all four paws, looking down at me. I couldn't figure out how she got up there or how she was able to hang that way.

I started to get out of bed. But as soon as I sat up, I realized Smudge wasn't stuck to the ceiling. She was standing on the floor, looking up at me, and I was stuck to the ceiling.

No sooner did I realize this than I came unstuck. There was a second of total disorientation, then I was on the floor, trying to regain my equilibrium.

Then I woke up.

There was also a dream before that one, rather disjointed, in which I was in an apartment or a hotel room somewhere, a plave not my own, and there was a large plate glass window looking out on the street. The street was what I guess I'd call commercial/office. It wasn't a street I recognized or identified, but it looked kind of like Second Street in Edmond west of downtown but before you get to Kelley.

As I sat there looking out the window – and I was sitting on a bed or a chair well back from the window – a black car pulled up in the parking strip outside. The place had that narrow one-car deep parking area like a small business would have. The car was either a Z-28 or a TransAm, and it was dusty. You know how some black cars get that sort of brownish tint when they're dirty or covered with dust? That's how this looked. It was not a well-kept car.

So I'm wondering what this person wants, when he suddenly pulls out again and drives away, heading to my left up the street. I remember feeling relieved that he left.

Then I woke up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.