Sunday, April 23, 2006

The rapture is coming... not.

Being a former fundamentalist myself, I would encourage you to read this Huffington Post article by Tony Hendra.

It's probably too strident to do much good, but Hendra's point is worthwhile, and ought to be considered – prayerfully considered, if you're a red-state Christian: the "rapture," along with most of the other tenets of US fundamentalism, are of relatively recent, manmade origin. The rapture is not biblical and it's not Christian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about the rapture, but I'm kind of thrilled with what the Church of the Subgenius refers to as "the Rupture." It's something we can all look forward to.

Eternal salvation, or TRIPLE your money back --- my kinda church.

Anonymous said...

Johnx you crack me up...I would love to see inside your brain..but I think I would never find my way out.
RJ