Monday, October 01, 2007

I'm never going back to my old school

...and here's why.

I like to read, but I'd never make it on a 'forced march' through all that.

This, especially, touches on my most recent career experience, and I'm glad I don't have to think about that stuff anymore. No wonder I want to go live on a mountain somewhere!

I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent and well-read guy, but in truth I'm not. I've missed 'way more than I've gotten.

I can't say I care enough to do anything about it.

But while I'm on the subject of reading, let me recommend The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein. I haven't read this myself, so I'm endorsing it sight unseen, but I have read some of Klein's magazine articles on Iraq (and have seen her documentary on Argentine factory workers). I think she has come closer than anyone else to exposing the truth about why we're in Iraq.

2 comments:

Lark said...

That all sounds pretty deadly! I'm glad I went to school when I did, and am not doing it now.

Erika Segno West said...

Man, I wish I could fit that book into my daily page ration. Maybe over Christmas. It should get me in the spirit.